Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dashboard drill down and drill through Functionality

Hey All. Am I correct that the dashboard drill down/through functionlity on the Desktop side does not function on the Service side?

I see when I publish a report to the Service, I lose all my drill throughs when pinning as a dashboard

Do we have an eta when this will be available and corrected?

Thanks

Brian

8 REPLIES 8
tuliobittar
Frequent Visitor

Having the same issue over here.

I Created reports and visual on PBI Desktop, then published to the web service. On the web service I openned that report and pinned a few pages to a new Dashboard.

All drillthrough funcionalities work very well on web service report, but none of them work on service dashboard tiles.

There's no point in being able to share a dashboard if all viewers/users won't be able to drilltrhough those tiles.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was there any conclusion to this thread? I see that visuals pinned as dashboard tiles loose the drill capability and simply appears as a report snapshot. 

Is there a way dashboards can inherit the same behaviour as reports?

There's been no change so far.

I solved this issue by asking users to "Go to Report" (on right-upper corner of the dashboard) where they could use all functionalities.

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

What do you mean by "lose all my drill throughs when pinning as a dashboard"? Acutally, there is no dirll throughs report in current version of Power BI. So in your scenario, please elaborate your issue, if possible provide us some sample data, so that we can make further analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Charlie. Meaning that I create a report in PowerBi Desktop, the report has visuals that have drill through hierarchies included, drill down within the visual performs correctly and navigates down through the hierarchies. I then publish the report to the Power Bi Service. I go to the report and pin live page to make the report into a dashboard. When this change is made, the  now new dashboard no longer retains the drill through capabality that the visual had when it was a report

In drill through, generally a new report opens up with the value parameters passed when certain bar/record is clicked(can be configured through actions in SSRS), there is no drill through in Power BI as of now. You are talking about drill down(hierarchies). Kindly confirm.

In drill through, generally a new report opens up with the value parameters passed when certain bar is clicked(can be configured through actions in SSRS), there is now drill through in Power BI as of now. You are talking about drill down(hierarchies). Kindly confirm.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its my understanding that the Drill Down Toggle isn't saved between Desktop and Service.  Also whenever you set the toggle on the service, it doesn't "remember" that toggle for other users.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors