Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dashboard doesnt update visuals

I have a dashboard that I published a week ago from my report in the desktop app. It refreshes completly fine and all of the data changes. However, since I published it I have changed one of the visuals and added a page to the report. The dashboard does not show either of these updates even after doing manual refreshes. Maybe it needs to be published exactly how it will look but I feel like this should automatically update. Am I doing anything wrong or how can I fix this? 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

To my knowledge, if you change the visualization type in the report after you pinned it to your dashboard, the dashboard tile does not automatically update

When you pin an entire page, the tiles are live. That is, you can interact with them there on the dashboard. Changes you make to any of the visualizations in the report editor, like adding a filter or changing the fields used in the chart, are reflected in the dashboard tile as well.

After the dataset is refreshed, the dashboard tiles will be basiclly refreshed within 15 minutes. You can also force tile refresh by selecting Refresh dashboard tiles.

Refer to:

Change the type of visualization in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Pin a tile to a Power BI dashboard from a report - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

To my knowledge, if you change the visualization type in the report after you pinned it to your dashboard, the dashboard tile does not automatically update

When you pin an entire page, the tiles are live. That is, you can interact with them there on the dashboard. Changes you make to any of the visualizations in the report editor, like adding a filter or changing the fields used in the chart, are reflected in the dashboard tile as well.

After the dataset is refreshed, the dashboard tiles will be basiclly refreshed within 15 minutes. You can also force tile refresh by selecting Refresh dashboard tiles.

Refer to:

Change the type of visualization in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Pin a tile to a Power BI dashboard from a report - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have a dashboard with a tile visualization that won't update, while the others are updating.  Each week I go into the dataset. refresh it and change a filter date on that visual.  I save and publish it.  All of the other tiles update, except the one I changed the filter date.  I end up having to re-pin it.  You mentioned forcing a tile refresh, but I do not see this option?  Will this resolve it? and if so, where do I find this?

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

If i  i understand what you saying - You create a dashboard, which you published and since then the data refresh is fine.

After that you added a page and some other visuals to the report.   If you added a new page you will need to repin that page.

here is more information

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-dashboard-tiles

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-dashboard-pin-live-tile-from-report

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors