Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mbegg
Helper II
Helper II

Dashboard does not open from link

Hi, 

Had a case today where I emailed a dashboard hyperlink to a bunch of users who already had been granted access a few months ago (the new version of the dashboard/report was ready today). One user contacted me to say clicking the link opened a blank PowerBI screen in Broswer, with a flashing PowerBI logo

See attached (without the flashing logo).

The user could not click on any of the icons at the top of the Power BI window & refreshing the Browser did nothing. 

The user then logged in to Power BI via the sign in page & could access the dashboard from Recent / Shared With Me. 

Any ideas?AS_Screenshot.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mbegg,

I could not reproduce this issue.

In your scenario, did this issue occur to this specific user or to all users you shared dashboard with? Since the user can view tiles from Recent / Shared With Me, it looks like there is nothing wrong with the dashboard. Please switch to to a different browser for a test. If you have updated your dashboard/report, did you reshare it with those reciptients? If not, please reshare with them for a test.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yulgu-msft thank you for the reply. 

Only one user has reported issues with me. I have asked them to try the link in Internet Explorer (instead of Chrome) & it does the same thing. 

I have tried re-sharing the dashboard with the user - that also didn't work. 

The only solution I found was to find the Dashboard & then report through Recent and then bookmark that page on their computer. Thus when they receive an email each month from me to advise the new report is available, they click on the bookmark instead of the link in the email.   

Hi @mbegg,

If you directly copy the dashboard link and share with that client, can he open and view it? Also, since this problem only occurs to that specific user, please let him try: create a dashboard by himself, then, copy the dashboard link, check whether he can open this link directly in a new browser tab.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors