Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

langerma
Regular Visitor

Dashboard blank

I have a dashboard that I have been updating twice a week for several months now with no problem until now.  All of a sudden, it will not load.  I just get a blank, grey screen.  Sometimes it does open, but then I get a message that says A problem with this webpage caused IE to close and reopen the tab.  After a couple times of that messeage, I get kicked out of Power BI Service altogether.  Also, the share links I am sending people don't work.  They are seeing a blank screen.  I have tried recreating the dashboard with a new name and that didn't work.  I've checked for custom visuals in the Report and there are none.  I don't know why this is happening.

5 REPLIES 5
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @langerma

First, let us exclude the web issue.

Have you cleared out your browser cache to ensure that it is not causing any issues?

Or you could review the following link to know how to handle the shown error.

Error in Internet Explorer- "A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reope...

If it can't solve your problem,please check the following question from your site.

1.Is this dashboard in an App Workspace or in your Personal Workspace

2.did you enable any Row Level Security on your data model

You can check this by going into the dataset and then clicking on Security

3.Which data source your dashboard connect to?

Best Regards

Maggie

Yes, I cleared the browser cache and this didn't help.  I don't think it's a problem with IE because my other dashboards show up just fine and also it's happening to everyone who has rights to view this dashboard, not just me.  I tried using the same report to recreate the dashboard and when I try to pin the page to the dashboard, I am getting the same error.

I don't understand the question Is this dashboard in an App workspace or in my personal workspace.  The Power BI Desktop is loaded on my computer and I am pulling data into it from Excel files that are on our agency drive.

I don't think I enabled row level security since I don't even know how to and I have not changed anything in this report since it was running fine the past few months to now. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All, 

We are having the exact same issue. We have not changed the PowerBI or user settings. However, as of 9/11 users only see a gray blank screen in Dashboards. Everything populates find in Reports. Any help would be apprciated!

-Kennedy

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Could you try clearing all your browser cookies and try again?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thank you.  Yes, I tried that and it did not solve the issue.  Another strange thing is that I have two other dashboards, one of which is in the same workspace and has the same data source and they are both loading fine.  Only one is having trouble.  And, other folks are getting a blank page when they open the share link, so I don't think it's an IE problem.  I think it's something to do with Power BI.  Can it be that I have too much info on the dashboard?  Also, when I tried to recreate the dashboard, it was giving me the same error messages when I tried to pin the page.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors