Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MariaP
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Dashboard and Sync slicers across multiple pages of your report - not working on the Dashboard

I have created 2 reports with synced slicers. The slicers work perfectly in the Powoer BI service and on the desktop when in Report view.

When I pin these 2 report pages into a  new Dashboard and select the slicer from one dashboard tile (report 1), the next dashboard tile (report 2) does not filter as I expected.

I have pinned both as  'Live pages'.  I have also tried 'Refresh Dashboard' but here was no change.

Is this new 'Sync Slicer across reports' functionality released Feb 2018 meant to work across reports pinned to a dashboard?

I am using the latest Power BI Desktop version (Feb 2018).

Browser used: Internet Explorer.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@MariaP,

The Sync slicers feature doesn't work accross tiles in a dashboard, I would recommend you vote up the following similar thread.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/6674820-global-filter-in-dashboar...

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jlinn
Frequent Visitor

If you make the slicer visible on the report page and pin it live, the slicer filters will work for that page. What you described isn't possible yet... who knows if they will make that functionality a reality.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@MariaP,

The Sync slicers feature doesn't work accross tiles in a dashboard, I would recommend you vote up the following similar thread.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/6674820-global-filter-in-dashboar...

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Wait, what, really?  Report Pages & visuals on a dashboard cannot be interlinked / controlled by a single set of slicers/filters?

What are dashboards for then?   

Should/would I not just create a giant report page then?

jlinn
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the link @jlinn 

Thats very unfortunate that such a simple feature, that would be so effective and useful is not available, nor will ever be available.

I'm kind of a newb to PowerBI. after creating my reports I went into the WebApp to put them altogether on a dashboard, only to realize cross report slicers do not exist?   At this point I'm unsure why dashboards even exist. I'm just going to have to go ahead and create a massive report instead of a dashboard.

That its not even being considered seems ridiculous to me. IDEA closed, Not In Plan - no you can't have a useful application [insert cynical eyeroll].   

nsharma
Frequent Visitor

We are facing the same issue. and due to this inability of PowerBI we have to create a solution with multiple reports already filtered on the desired field value.

The dashboards in PowerBI are kind of useless in many cases.  😞

Thanks,

Nishant

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors