Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jamesburwell

Dashboard and Report showing when publishing a content pack

I have just published my first dashboard to the business and am surpised that the recipitants not only see the Dashboard which is great but they also see the report why is this? As ideally I would only want them to see the Dashboard and not the report, is it possible for them to only see the Dashboard?

Thanks

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Jamesburwell Argh, my bad. I missed the "Content Pack" part. If you only want them to see a dashboard, then just share the dashboard. Is there a reason you are using a Content Pack?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Jamesburwell The behaviour you describe is the expected default. In your case, if you only want to have the end users see the dashboard tiles, you will need to do a bit of manual work. On each tile, you can click on the "..." in the upper right and then the pencil icon "Tile details". Then you can "Set Custom Link" and input the dashboard URL. Then, when a user clicks on the tile they aren't taken to the report pages in which they originated.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks for that, good first step.

The report still shows below under their report section, is it possible for this report not to show in this section?

Thanks

James

@Jamesburwell Argh, my bad. I missed the "Content Pack" part. If you only want them to see a dashboard, then just share the dashboard. Is there a reason you are using a Content Pack?

No reason at all, but thank you I will proceed and share a Dashboard rather than via a content pack.

Thanks for your help

James

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors