Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ayushqralgroup
Frequent Visitor

Dashboard alerts not triggering

Hi,

We have setup a dashboard alert that gets triggered if the card value changes. However, it is acting arbitrarily. Sometimes it is triggered just fine but other times it is not despite all conditions (the "value above a certain threshold", "At most 1 hour") to trigger it being met. 

Has anyone else faced it and can help? Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @ayushqralgroup 

Please check the refresh history to ensure that the data was successfully refreshed .

After the dataset is updated, have checked the dashboard tile value? Is it hit the alert condition?

If it meets the condition but the alert doesn't trigger, I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Thank you for your response. The data is refreshed correctly in the refresh history. The tile value is updated too. But no alert triggered until it all of a sudden started working fine. Right now its working but if I face this again, I will create a ticket. Thanks all for your time!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue sometimes. The data gets refreshed and the condition to set off the alert is met but the alert does not get triggered and therefore the Flow doesn't get activated. But sometimes it does work as it should....seems quite random. I have set the Maximum Notification Frequency set to "At most once an hour".  The dataset is scheduled to refresh the data 3 times in the day.  Sometimes I have to turn off the alert and then turn it back on again in order to get the alerts triggering again.  It'sfrustrating because we've promoted this fiunction to the business but sometimes it doersn't work.  Are others experiencing this as well?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ayushqralgroup  - are you facing this for youself or for other users as well, because alerts are based on individual / user specific configuration. Also, you can configure Microsoft Flow if you want to configure alerts for a group of users.

https://www.blue-granite.com/blog/from-alerts-to-actions-power-bi-alerts-and-microsoft-flow

Best Regards,
- Pavan M.

Hi @Anonymous, I am using this for a single PBI account. I already have it configured using Microsoft Flow which sends out emails to multiple users as and when the alert is triggered, but the problem is if there is no alert trigger, the "Flow" isn't triggered. So what I want to know is if I am missing something to have my alert triggered always

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors