Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dashboard alert is not sending email

Hi 🙂

My dashboard updates every hour. I created a simple measure that counts the number of occurrences of the same type of product in the last hour. From this measure, I created a panel on the powerbi web and configured it in case this measure was greater than 0, then an email should be sent to me.

The problem is that in the published dashboard, this measure is never different from 0, no matter how much this type of product happened in the last hour. If I update the same power bi file on my desktop, that same measure shows values other than 0, but in the published dashboard, is always 0. It never changes.

To count only occurrences that occurred in the last hour, my measurement uses the HOUR (NOW ()) - 1 function. Is there a time zone issue that is disturbing my alert when publishing the dashboard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

hey, 

yes there its, you need to chec that your power bi tenant time zone and the power bi desktop pc you using have the same time zone if not what will happend that it will alter the time zone in each enviroment, it will take the base value of date but apply its enviroment time zone. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

There're some considerations you can refer to:

• Alerts aren't supported for card tiles with date/time measures.
  • Alerts only work with numeric data types.
  • Alerts only work on refreshed data. They don't work on static data.
  • Alerts only work on streaming datasets if you build a KPI, card, or gauge report visual and then pin that visual to the dashboard.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

hey, 

yes there its, you need to chec that your power bi tenant time zone and the power bi desktop pc you using have the same time zone if not what will happend that it will alter the time zone in each enviroment, it will take the base value of date but apply its enviroment time zone. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, @StefanoGrimaldi Thanks for the response 🙂

How can I check my power bi tenant time zone?

Hey @Anonymous ,

you have to be aware that everything happening inside the Power BI Service is happening in UTC! 

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors