Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dashboard Tiles not updating

Hi There,

For the last month we have experiencing and odd behavior of the Tiles in the Dashboard.

We cannot find the reason why for all our new reports in PowerBI services seems not able to show the information in the Tiles after it refreshes the Dataset.
I've seen that are many threads about this topic and in the past was solved.

Any thought on what might be the reason?.

Also, for all the reports we have RLS applied.

2018-11-19 17_28_59-GAT - Power BI.png

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Well, usually this is a circumstance where you post the tile with filters and those filters filter out all of the new data. This is because tiles maintain the exact filter context of when they were pinned. I am wondering if you may be experiencing something similar due to RLS. Consider for a moment that you pin a visual to a dashboard with an account that can see records X, Y and Z. However, when you view that tile from an account that can only see records A, B and C then you end up with a blank tile. 

Just a theory. 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the reply.

We thought about that theory but I don't think that this is the case, because when we first pin it, it works, is after the scheduler refreshes the dashboard that the tiles turned numb.

Also this is only happening with those report that has been publish with a desktop version from Oct18 or older (maybe is related).

Hi @Anonymous,

Then please update your power BI desktop and republish the reports again. If any other issue, feel free to let me know. Also you can create a support ticket for help.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket.gif

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-frfei-msft

Thank you for the heads up. I am going to open a ticket with PowerBI support. 

Best,

Carlos

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors