Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RustyNails
Helper III
Helper III

Dashboard Tiles not syncing correctly with Dataset/Report

I recently updated my dataset, and everything else remained the same. But now I see that my KPI in a dashboard tile is not showing what I have in my report (i presume it's still showing KPI from my old dataset? who knows). I added the last refresh time and sure enough it says refreshed a minute ago. I have 50 or such tiles in my dashboard and each of them trigger a Flow email.

The only way I can see forward is me deleting every single one of them and re-pinning them again so they're synced correctly. But I really dont want to do that 😞 Anyone know how to solve this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Were there any changes to the underlying KPI visuals?

I know that you said that you only updated the dataset, but when you publish it up, it also replaces all the report contents also.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Yes. What changed is that I moved report filter to page filter. I had a report filter that had Status = Active and Complete selected. I moved this Status filter to page level, and changed it to only Active. I think what's happening is that the Tile visuals attached to the KPI are *still* pulling from the filter which includes Active and Complete status somehow, even though it no longer currently exists in the new dataset.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors