Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dashboard Tiles Not Updating after Scheduled Refresh

Hello,

My organization is experiencing a curious issue with PowerBI Dashboards. Like many others within my company, I have a PowerBI Report published on a Premium Workspace. The report data updates every 30 minutes via import and is functioning as designed. Problem being that any visuals pinned to a Dashboard will not automatically change for some reason; users must manually initiate a Dashboard Tile refresh. I have no filters on the page - values simply change in the source files. That said, the issue is sporadic. The Dashboards only started failing to update roughly 3 weeks ago and since, maybe once a day, it will successfully auto-update following a scheduled refresh. This is counter to the support statement below. Are there settings I'm missing somewhere that would alter this? I have tried running the updates in both IE and Chrome - both have this issue.

I should note again that others in my organizations are experiencing this issue where Dashboard tiles do not auto-update. Additionally, I've attempted to run a live page - same issue.

From PowerBI: Data Refresh

Power BI maintains a cache for every tile visual on your dashboards and proactively updates the tile caches when data changes. In other words, tile refresh happens automatically following a data refresh. This is true for both, scheduled and on-demand refresh operations.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

In Power BI Service,  tiles are the snapshot of your data, if original visualization used to create the tile changes, the tile doesn't change. After you republished the report, the change of report will not reflect to the dashboard tile. Please see: Dashboard tiles in Power BI.

To work around the issue, I would recommend you create a report with required visuals in one report page, and republish to service. Then "Pin a live page" to a dashboard, this feature allows changes to reports to appear in the dashboard tile when the report page is refreshed. Please refer: Pin an entire report page, as a live tile, to a Power BI dashboard.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

In Power BI Service,  tiles are the snapshot of your data, if original visualization used to create the tile changes, the tile doesn't change. After you republished the report, the change of report will not reflect to the dashboard tile. Please see: Dashboard tiles in Power BI.

To work around the issue, I would recommend you create a report with required visuals in one report page, and republish to service. Then "Pin a live page" to a dashboard, this feature allows changes to reports to appear in the dashboard tile when the report page is refreshed. Please refer: Pin an entire report page, as a live tile, to a Power BI dashboard.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors