Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MM_NL
Frequent Visitor

Dashboard - Report usage

I actually have a few question about using dashboard to report functionality

End users start at the dashboard where they can see multiple KPI, when they click on 1 of them they go to the report

1. is it possible to make sure the dashboard KPI always shows the newest data in a range (example: in july they automaticaly see    

data from jan-jul current year, when they log in august the automaticaly see jan-aug without having to change filters themselves)

2. Can we sync the filter selections made in the dashboard to the underlaying reports (with keeping the possibility for users to 

change filters in the reports while analyzing)

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @MM_NL,

End users start at the dashboard where they can see multiple KPI, when they click on 1 of them they go to the report

1. is it possible to make sure the dashboard KPI always shows the newest data in a range (example: in july they automaticaly see data from jan-jul current year, when they log in august the automaticaly see jan-aug without having to change filters themselves)

2. Can we sync the filter selections made in the dashboard to the underlaying reports (with keeping the possibility for users to change filters in the reports while analyzing)

1. For your requirement, I think you could use report level filter with relative date filtering like below.

filter.PNG

2. I'm not clear about your second requirement. Could you describe your scenario in more details? 

Do you mean that when you select one option in Silcer on the dashbord, you want the report is also filtered by that option?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your respone.

1. I dont think this the solution beceause with this the report also is filtered only for this year (for example)

what we want to accomplish is the following

Dashboard: Always only shows data from current year and automatically with the newest month

Report: Also has data from past years so in the reports we can have visuals with year comparisons etc.

2. In the dashboard we will add a organisation and period slicer, the selection made here by the user must be synced to the report.

So when they select period 1-4 for only 1 division and then go to report, the report must show only this.

Hi @MM_NL,

For your two requirement, I'm afraid we may not achieve that currently in Power BI.

Usually, we create the report first then we could create the dashboard. So we cannot sync the filter in dashboard to the report.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors