Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

alioakley

Dashboard Not Refreshing without Page Refresh

Hi All,

I have a TV in the office that runs the PowerBi Dashboard I have created, with a 15min schuled refresh on it.

Last week, it would refresh automatically every 15mins and update the tiles on the screen without a page refresh.

But for some reason, it has all of a sudden stopped refreshing my dashboard while viewing the screen, it is almost doing it in the background and is requiring a page refresh to display the new data pulled.

I dont want to have to refresh the page every 15mins, it should just auto update.

What do you guys think could be casuing it?

Cheers in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
alioakley

Just to update you all, thanks for your replies.

I have been on holiday for a bit, come back into the office this morning and the guys say the screen has randomly started refreshing again!

So very strange. Lets hope that it stays that way 🙂

Hi @alioakley ,

I'm glad that your dashboard starts refreshing as usual. You could mark your answer as a solution. Then more people who has the same issue will find the thread quickly. They can discuss here. Maybe we can get an accurate answer about the issue.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alioakley ,

Is there any error message in refresh history? Or the reports work fine but you need to refresh page to implement refresh dashboard?  Please share the error details if there is one.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Same issue. Data is updating in the background as if i open a new tab and open the dashboard it shows the new data and the other tab shows the old data

I have the exact same issue.

We have around 10 dashboards in our various offices and most of them stopped updating the tiles for a week ago.

The funny thing is, some of them will work, but not necessarily the same each day (we shut down the computers running the dashboards every night).

I have tried with multiple browsers and even set up a completely fresh user account, but so far no luck..

Data is updated just fine in the reports/datasets, but the dashboards are stuck..

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors