Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dashboard Cosmetic Control

I am trying to create a realtime dash, and although i am good with the dataset side, i am struggling with the cosmetics side.

Pinning tiles loses cosmetics, so i have to pin the page, but then i get white space around the pinned page. i would like it too cleanly display what i build.

Could anyone point me in the right direction on how to fully control the cosmetics of a powerbi dashboard?

Just to clarify, i do mean the dashboard, not a report.

Many Thanks

POC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

So there is no fix to this currently. this is what i got from support:

Greetings for the day !

My name is Kishore, Technical Advisor for Team Power BI.

Subsequent to the discussion you had with our engineer Vishnu, we have escalated the issue to our product team to know the possibility if we can customize/remove the white frame around a pinned live page.

Our product team have tried to find the possibilities to modify the pinned live page on dashboard. However, we regret to tell you that as of now it is by-design and we do not have any way to work this around.

We have tried our best to looking into all the possibilities from our support and Product Team’s end but unfortunately we do not have any solution for this yet. Nevertheless we have a forum where we post all the Ideas and our Product team keeps a track of all the requests made and will implement them in future.

We have already done some research and found an relevant Idea from our Ideas forum.
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/34941133-make-the-dashboard-more-...

We request you to vote for this Idea or create a new one if you want to add more points to it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

issue.png

The white space indicated by teh red arrows is what i am trying to get ride of. i have pinned a liv page.

hi @Anonymous 

For dashboard, you just need to set theme for it separately.

Please refer to this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dashboard-themes

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lin,

The Dashboard theming does not work to the point i have raised a case. 

If you pin a page you get the white surrounding area which you cannot change and if you pin tiles, they remain white with black font regardless of any theme set either via uploaded JSON or specifying witin the portal.

Does anyone have these dashboards controlled cosmetically and working?

Many Thanks

POC

Anonymous
Not applicable

So there is no fix to this currently. this is what i got from support:

Greetings for the day !

My name is Kishore, Technical Advisor for Team Power BI.

Subsequent to the discussion you had with our engineer Vishnu, we have escalated the issue to our product team to know the possibility if we can customize/remove the white frame around a pinned live page.

Our product team have tried to find the possibilities to modify the pinned live page on dashboard. However, we regret to tell you that as of now it is by-design and we do not have any way to work this around.

We have tried our best to looking into all the possibilities from our support and Product Team’s end but unfortunately we do not have any solution for this yet. Nevertheless we have a forum where we post all the Ideas and our Product team keeps a track of all the requests made and will implement them in future.

We have already done some research and found an relevant Idea from our Ideas forum.
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/34941133-make-the-dashboard-more-...

We request you to vote for this Idea or create a new one if you want to add more points to it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors