Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JonPBNES
Helper I
Helper I

Dashboard Comments have disappeared

I have a dashboard with some underlying reports published to a small number of users via an app.  We've successfully recieved comments on both dashboards and reports historically. 

I have just tried to access today whilst commenting on report visuals is still working fine. Commenting on dashboards via the app is not allowed (just a grey box with a 'close' button) and previous comments are no longer visible. I'm just crossing everything that they haven't been deleted as we're going to have some very grumpy users. 

I have checked workspace settings and all dashboards and reports have commenting enabled. 

Any thoughts on what could have caused this and whether there's any way of getting them back!

3 REPLIES 3
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi JonPBNES,

Did you mean that the comment and historic records work well yesterday and it suddenly miss today, right? You said that the historic records missed, did it only have today's comments?

In addition, if you change browser , will this work or not. By the way, the comments seems have number limit(1000 records), you could check whether it miss the part which over 1000.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your response... 

Current status is: 

- Comments addded to dashboards added yesterday appear, but only after a browser refresh (grey comments screen before refresh).

- Comments added to dashboards prior to yesterday do not appear.

- Comments added to reports prior to yesterday do appear, without needing a refresh. 

I have tried this with the 'new look' and classic look for the app and replicated the problem. 

I have replicated in Chrome and IE11, which are the only browsers the organisation supports. Aside from the loss of comments from earlier this month (which could well have a different cause), the main sticking point is the requirement for browser refresh to activate the comments pane, which is causing confusion for end-users. 

We are early in roll-out, so probably don't have more than 30 comments max at this stage. Out of interest is that comment limit associated with the workspace, app or tied to our account?

JonPBNES
Helper I
Helper I

Update on this. A cache clear and refresh on Chrome seems to allow commenting on the dashboards again, however the historic comments do seem to have gone. Would be interested if any other users have experienced this issue, or whether it's down to local browser config. 

I'd be interested in how comments are stored in the system. Is there any way of accessing them in a tabular format? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors