Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MrShanktastic
Frequent Visitor

Dashboard Alerts that trigger a Power Automate Flow stopped working

Hi,

We have a number of Power Automate flows setup so that when a PowerBI Alert is triggered, then Power Automate will send a teams message to let us know, this recently seems to have fallen over and stopped working and on invstigation it seems all of the Power Automate flows are now pointing at Alert IDs that no longer exist, all of the Alert IDs have changed for us in the service. Does anyone know why this has occured and how to prevent it?

6 REPLIES 6
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I would think this might be related to yesterday's Power Apps and Power Automate outage.  Is it working again or are the IDs still borked?

They work now we have been through and reselected the Alerts within the Power Automate flows, which means they now point to the new alert IDs. I believe the issue occured on 27th July as this is the last time any of our flows ran successfully that are triggered from PowerBI Alerts.

So don't think its related to any very recent outage.

Yes, when I wrote "yesterday" I meant Friday. So it might be related to something they borked on the Azure service.

Hey, still doesn't align to the 27th July when they all seem to have stopped working. I've done more digging around online and can't find anything that may be causing this.

Just hypothetical - did your developer remove and re-upload the dataset?

Hey - no the datasets etc weren't changed. I have opened a support case with Microsoft to try and get to the bottom of it.  Thanks for your support in the meantime!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors