Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

carlydugger
Frequent Visitor

Dashboad Share Not Working - User Cannot See Full Dashboard

Dorea Error.jpg

Hi,

Over the past few months to share my dashboard with team members, I simply click the Share button and type in the user's email address. It's always worked great, but I tried to add a user last week and she received the attached error message when she accepted her invite. After closing the error message, she can see a few tabs of our dashbaord, but they're old and not the most recent published version. Even stranger, from the "Access" list it shows her status of "cancel invite" which typically means the user hasn't accepted her invite. We have sent mulitple invites on different days, double checked we were inviting her to the right dashboard.... what on earth is happening and more importantly how do I fix it? 

Thanks in advance for any advice!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
carlydugger
Frequent Visitor

Yes, it was quite silly actually. The user was some how logged in under our generic marketing login. So when I sent the invite to her personal email address and she clicked accept, it wasn't showing her the dashboard since she was logged in under a different email address.  A quick log out and log back in fixed the problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
carlydugger
Frequent Visitor

Yes, it was quite silly actually. The user was some how logged in under our generic marketing login. So when I sent the invite to her personal email address and she clicked accept, it wasn't showing her the dashboard since she was logged in under a different email address.  A quick log out and log back in fixed the problem.

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@carlydugger

If possible, you can share the solution here to help others who have the same problem as you.

Best Regards,

Herbert

carlydugger
Frequent Visitor

Thanks everyone, but we figued it out this morning! 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@carlydugger

What is the data source here?

Does the user in the same company as you (has same domain name in the email address), or you’re sharing your dashboard to external users?

Does this issue happen to other team members?

Have you configured RLS for your dataset?

How does the user access the dashboard, through the link in invite email, or click the shared dashboard in the left navigation pane in Power BI Serive?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors