Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Daily refresh failures on Power BI Service using Google BigQuery Connector

We use Google BigQuery as data source for our PBI reports. We refresh all our reports once every day, but since the last two months random refresh failures of different reports are occuring literally every day with an error message The credentials provided for the GoogleBigQuery source are invalid.  The credentials are the same and they are getting refreshed on PBI desktop but not on Service. 

Just to mention - I have not been using any gateway since it's saying no need to use a gateway since all data is in cloud. 

I am using "Organisational" option of privacy. I have also updated to Power BI June 2021 version where they mentioned to have updated BigQuery Google Connector but I still get the refresh failure emails every day and it's bothering us big time now. 

Can anyone help me understand on whether there is anything I can do to fix this from my side please. 

This was'nt the case till april 2021. It started from May 2021. 

TIA 

4 REPLIES 4
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

This is on the Power Bi Support page, does that apply?

Power BI customers authoring reports with Google connectors will be impacted when Google deprecates embedded browser auth for OAuth . Customers will have to upgrade to the June version of Power BI desktop to continue using their connector integration. Note: Google Workspace and Google Cloud Identity accounts will not be impacted by this policy change at this time, and a separate timeline will be announced later for such user accounts (for questions about Google Workspace and Cloud Identity contact Google Support ).

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

You can do this:

1. Try to re-enter the credentials.

2. Use chrome incognito mode or clear browser cache.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @collinq The article you shared mentiones steps to connect to Google BigQuery on Power BI Desktop and my problem is with Power BI Service. Thanks for sharing the article. 🙂  

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

I found this article that talks about the unable to authenticate issue and it has a few solutions to the issue.  Does this help?

Connect to a Google BigQuery database in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors