Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Daily Subscription E-mail Unreliable or Technical Issue?

We have a daily PowerBI app link that we send to a customer at 4pm PST. It get's sent to us internally from no-reply-powerbi@microsoft.com, and we have an outlook rule setup to forward to the customer, since you can't subscribe external e-mail addresses to reports at the moment.

Anyway, the main issue is that we didn't get the e-mail at the daily scheduled time today for no apparent reason... so neither did the customer. I'm concerned that the same thing will happen again tomorrow and potentially randomly in the future, which is obviously not good, so I was wondering if there were others who experienced this and if there are any known issues on PowerBI's side (whether some sort of event today or just any general unreliability with the feature).

I have checked:

1) "Datasets" to see if the scheduled daily refresh failed -- it did not, and I can see the data has updated at the scheduled time, finishing 20 minutes before the scheduled daily subscription e-mail

2) "Subscribe" to see if the settings are correct for everything -- nothing has changed with the settings and the e-mail worked everday prior

It obviously could be some one-off technical issues. I could check with IT, but I have no idea what I could ask them to investigate, so any assistance would be much appreciated. If it doesn't send tomorrow at 4pm, I'm going to manually send / create a new subscription schedule to hopefully solve the issue, but I'm not sure if it is going to return in the future now, so I want to understand the root cause here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: The e-mail sent today without me making any changes whatsoever, so something funky happened yesterday for sure. I'm going on vacation for two weeks, so I'm glad the issue isn't persisting.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it did not send, because I had a tab open with the subscription settings open (or even multiple tabs open in Gogle Chrome - sometimes I don't close all of my tabs...). Going forward, I'm not going to have to any PowerBI tabs open when the report is due to be sent at 4pm PST in case this was the issue. We'll see if it happens again intermittently.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi, I am facing similar issue today. Subscription is not working and i tried running it manually, still mails are not triggered to my inbox. 

Tried creating new subscription, deleted few, still no result

what to do?

We facing the same issue today, no update from Microsoft yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: The e-mail sent today without me making any changes whatsoever, so something funky happened yesterday for sure. I'm going on vacation for two weeks, so I'm glad the issue isn't persisting.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it did not send, because I had a tab open with the subscription settings open (or even multiple tabs open in Gogle Chrome - sometimes I don't close all of my tabs...). Going forward, I'm not going to have to any PowerBI tabs open when the report is due to be sent at 4pm PST in case this was the issue. We'll see if it happens again intermittently.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors