Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

riteshgaurtyser
Regular Visitor

DRLS with Azure AD

Hi,

I am trying to implement DRLS in Power BI based on Security Groups created under Azure AD.

But unfortunately, I cannot see these AAD based security groups in Power BI service (Add users or groups option), however, I can see all other groups which exists on On-prem Windows server. 

Question: Is it possible to use Azure AD in RLS or only AD are allowed?

1) AAD group

riteshgaurtyser_0-1606930732819.png

2) Power BI Service 

riteshgaurtyser_1-1606930946714.png

Thanks

Ritesh

3 REPLIES 3
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @riteshgaurtyser ,

Would you please follow the steps in https://www.fourmoo.com/2018/02/20/dynamic-row-level-security-is-easy-with-active-directory-security... to connect to AD?

If this post helps, please consider accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @riteshgaurtyser ,

You can create security groups on O365 admin center: Create, edit, or delete a security group in the Office 365 admin center. Then add all users into corresponding security group. Add  security group  you want to add to the role.You cannot add Groups created within Power BI. You can add members external to your organization.

You can also refer to https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Row-level-security-for-more-than-1000-users/td-p/459475

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Thanks Dedmon,

After following your suggestion, I can now see the AD created in O365 in Power BI Services.

But, I am not able to resolve the issue where I want to Active Directory connection in Power BI Desktop, it comes with follwoing error (in screen shot)

riteshgaurtyser_0-1607099077429.png

Thanks 

Ritesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors