Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Brad2488
Regular Visitor

DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError

Hi, we have a report completed in PowerBI desktop, and then published to the PowerBI web client. When we try and refresh, we get the following error when pointed at one of our SQL Server database servers. It works for one of our servers, and fails on the other.  Same databases, same permissions etc.

Data source error{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Query1.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Brad2488
Regular Visitor

Wasn't able to figure out the issue. Rebooting the server cleared it up.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Brad2488
Regular Visitor

Wasn't able to figure out the issue. Rebooting the server cleared it up.

Hello,

Could you please tell me how you go about automating the updating of reports on Power BI Online, and also how to configure a server?

Thanks in advance.

1. Step: Publish the Power BI file on your desktop.
  2. Step: Go to app.powerbi.com link and you will see the published data model there.
  3. Step: Click on the ellipsis of the data model from the workspace and go to settings.
  4. Step: Click on Gateway and cloud connections, configure the On-Premise Gateway settings, and apply.
  5. Step: Scroll down to the refresh area, specify the desired refresh times, and apply.

That's it. If you have any questions, you can contact birkan@dogayazilim.com.

We had the same issue. The gateway couldn't reach one of the data source servers, so we restarted the data source server (not the one with the gateway on). Now it works fine.

no funciono , ya reinicie el servidor donde esta el origen de datos , volvi a instalar la puerta de enlace y me sigue presentando el mimos error

Hello @Brad2488 

I am facing the same issue

You said your issue got fixed by rebooting the server. Did you mean the server where gateway is installed?

Regards

v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Brad2488 ,

Firstly, please check if is caused by the firewall restriction. And then please try to launch on-premises data gateway application and ensure the HTTPS mode is off. 

5.PNG

If you used the Amazon provided Redshift ODBC driver, you could reference the solution below to have a try.

Redshift through on premise gateway fails due to ODBC driver 

If these all don't work for you, please create a support ticket to get the dedicated help.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I don't think that HTTPS matters. I would try just updating and restarting the gateway first!

Hi @Brad2488 ,

Have you resolved the issue? If yes, kindly mark the helpful answer as a solution if you feel that makes sense. Welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from the thread.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Couldn't figure out the issue, but rebooted the server, and that cleared it up.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors