Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Joorge_C
Resolver II
Resolver II

DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the op

Hello All,

Hoping you can provide some guidance on this intermitent issue we are facing. Small PBI Report will not refresh eventually due to the below error. Please note Gateway is running Latest Update and Server has been restarted as part of the troubleshooting. Source is n Azure DB feeding many other PBIs but there are 1 or 2 who every now and then will fail and provide the below error. Table indicated will vary in the final output of the error message.

Error: 

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.HostingError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Timeout"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: DimXratesTreasury 2 USD.

Details why this should not be happening:

-Table DimXratesTreasury is only 780 rows

-Refresh in PBI Web Fails within just 1 minute of it starting

-PBI Desktop Report refreshes completely fine without any errors when refreshing at the same time in Desktop

-Every other Report in the same Workspace (premium) runs fine, all using same Source Synapse DB through same credentials.

Can anyone provide more details, Dont know if this is a Bug or something I can action on my side?

Thank you all!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Joorge_C 

If it was intermittent I would then just leave it as something was not working 100% in the cloud platform.

If it is working well now then I would consider it resolved!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Joorge_C 

Could you look at the logs in your source to see when refreshing if there is any error there?

Power BI Blog

Thanks @GilbertQ  No errors in the activity of the Server. Weird thing is when the error was present during OnDemand refreshes in PBI web, the same PBI Desktop report could be refreshed without any error. Any other ideas?

Hi @Joorge_C 

IT would sound like to me then possibly there is a connection timeout to this souce?

Power BI Blog

Thanks @GilbertQ  If my Team is the Admin of the same Azure Synapse DB where the data is, and we can change or update settings around (nothing has been changed and all has worked normally) is there something you know we can look for?

Would you know if something with the set up from IT to the Tenant Capacity in PBI Web could be a problem?

Keep in mind error is intermitent, it errored out 2 days ago, but worked fine the dats after.

Hi @Joorge_C 

If it was intermittent I would then just leave it as something was not working 100% in the cloud platform.

If it is working well now then I would consider it resolved!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors