Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

WHH
Frequent Visitor

DAX Studio live connection

Hello,

I attempted to connect DAX Studio to a report that uses a the Power BI Dataset to create a live connection to the data model.

The DAX studio guide says that this can be done by getting the powerbi:// link from the Power BI service settings.

I did this and input it into the DAX Studio connect interface. But I got the error message stating Workspace not found. 

My best guess is that the workspace name is four words separated by spaces. I have tried reentering the URL without the spaces and also tried replacing the spaces with "_" but neither of these worked either.

I am fairly new to Power BI and entirely new to DAX studio so it may be something fairly elemental that I've overlooked.

Any suggestions welcome 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @WHH 

Yes that could certainly be it 

What if you tried the following: powerbi://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/Word1%20Word2%20Word3%20Word4

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @WHH 

Can you connect DAX Studio to a Power BI dataset now? I connected it to a PPU workspace in two URL formats (one has spaces in workspace name and the other replace spaces with %20) and both of them succeeded. Does it work at your side?

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang

@v-jingzhang

Just tried it and delighted to say the solution works, thank you @v-jingzhang & @GilbertQ.

Apolgies if I didn't respond quickly enough, I'll check back more frequently next time I have a live question.

Thanks for letting us know!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @WHH 

What you can do is to go into the Premium App Workspace and then click on Settings and then Premium

GilbertQ_0-1611785505707.png

And then click on Copy to copy the link which you can then use in DAX studio

Power BI Blog

WHH
Frequent Visitor

@GilbertQ 

Thank you for the prompt reply.

The workspace is premium, and I used this method to generate the link which I paste into the Studio connector, but still generated the 'not found' error. Or it generates an error "(400) Bad Request"

Do you think it might be because the URL has spaces? 

The link reads powerbi://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/Word1 Word2 Word3 Word4

Hi @WHH 

Yes that could certainly be it 

What if you tried the following: powerbi://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/Word1%20Word2%20Word3%20Word4

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors