Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DSenkovic

DAX PATH function and filtering of embedded PowerBI reports

Hello,

I have an embedded PowerBI report in HTML page and everything worked fine. I was able to filter-out certain parts of the data (if the logged-in user was not allowed to see them, for example) by using technique described here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-url-filters

Now I introduced hierarchical structure which uses DAX PATH function to relate to parent rows and I used hierarchical slicer to display the tree structure.

However, when I try to filter-out some parents in the three, they keep appearing all the way up to the root despite the fact that these rows should not be visible to the PATH function (regardless if parentId field points to them or not) since they got filtered out when the report got displayed. 

Any idea how to overcome this problem?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

URL filters are not a reliable way to do data security since the end-user can just manually change the URL if they choose to. Applying URL filters does not make any of the underlying data inaccesible--it's more like a bookmark that shows a certain view.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

URL filters are not a reliable way to do data security since the end-user can just manually change the URL if they choose to. Applying URL filters does not make any of the underlying data inaccesible--it's more like a bookmark that shows a certain view.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors