Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

THEG72
Helper V
Helper V

DATA FLOWS INTERNAL ERROR RUN TIME INVALID DATE

I have a data flow which will not refresh in the service. Note the invalid date in the runtime error logs attached.

The query is using the Web.Contents function to return a json file. The data source itself is an on premise API web source to an accounting system.

Refreshes function normally on demand or as a scheduled refresh when the data is imported as a dataset.

The same query as a Data flow will refresh inside power query and return valid results however once the query is saved and refresh is tried the refresh will fail per attached spreadsheets.

I use multi-factor authentication (MFA) on my account. 

I have tried disabling the MFA but this is not ideal and would make the data flow functionality limited.

Disabling it however did not resolve the problem however some have expressed that disabling, re-enabling after a day fixed the issue. I tried but still no luck

Anyway, hope that is enough information to get a solution!

Data flow Refresh Error LogData flow Refresh Error Log

5 REPLIES 5
THEG72
Helper V
Helper V

For other interested in this error, MS has identified a null in the code causing the problem. Have been advised fix to be deployed midweek by the engineering team.

Hi, @THEG72 

Have you found a solution to this problem?

@boraJustmop  yes it was an issue on Power BI end and was fixed.

agnaldocarmo
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem, and I have not found the solution until now.

@agnaldocarmo  okay what was the secret sauce to fix the problem then? Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors