Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Customized report view

Hello,

I found the option "Manage shared report views" in the share panel of a report (Fig 1.). This send to a view that look like the Fig 2.

I don't have any idea of what this is and I didn't find anything about it. Can someone enlighten me about this ?

Thank you

Tus

Fig 1Fig 1

Fig 2Fig 2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

This feature of Manage Shared report views is related to the feature Shared report with current filters and Slicers.

You could have a good look at this blog which may help understand this feauture better.

As the blog mentioed, once your report selected with Shared report with current filters and Slicers has been shared successfully, your recipient will receive an email that contains an URL to the report. Clicking on the URL will take them to the report and automatically apply all the filters and slicers that were shared by you. 

Is it only to display a "landing" filters selection ?

What's mean of this sentence?

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

I have made a contact with PG for this feature and will update here once I get any information.

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-piga-msft,

Perfect, thanks a lot 😄

Tus

Hi @Anonymous,

Confirmed by PG, pretty sure this is when you share a report with the filters applied, and have the box checked “Share this report with the current view (or something)”, you see a list of links of all the custom sharing views you’ve shared out as URL’s.  Also, it shows when they expire, since they expire after 90 days.

Hope this is clear.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-piga-msft,

Indeed, this is it ! But I don't really get the point of this feature, because if I share the report to someone, he'll b able to change the filters and slicers. Is it only to display a "landing" filters selection ?

Thank you.

Tus

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Hi @Anonymous,

This feature of Manage Shared report views is related to the feature Shared report with current filters and Slicers.

You could have a good look at this blog which may help understand this feauture better.

As the blog mentioed, once your report selected with Shared report with current filters and Slicers has been shared successfully, your recipient will receive an email that contains an URL to the report. Clicking on the URL will take them to the report and automatically apply all the filters and slicers that were shared by you. 

Is it only to display a "landing" filters selection ?

What's mean of this sentence?

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors