Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PHDurand
Helper I
Helper I

Custom visuals do not work on application

Hi,

I create a group workspace to share reports & dashboards with my colleagues. My reports include custom visuals (all available on the Office Store).

Shring in the workspace is working fine.

But as I wanted to share only some reports, I used the application publishing option.

When my colleagues are going to the application, none of the custom visuals are displaying (which creates issues in the whole reports as some measure a rebased on custom visual filters choices).

I looked in the community but there are very few messages with this type of issue. Am I the only one to struggle with this ? What do I have to do to make all the custom visuals work in the application as they are working in the workspace (should be the same location).

I found a workaround asking my colleagues to first open the workspace & then to open the application. This way the visuals are all appearing. But in this case, once they are in the workspace there is no more need to use the application (and they have access to all the reports including the ones I did not want to fully share).

So I'm wondering the real advantage of this application option if this does not work 100%.

If someone can help me make the custom visuals available in the application (without having to first go in the workspace), that would help a lot.

Thanks for your support.

Regards

P-Henri Durand

4 REPLIES 4
Jalnz
Regular Visitor

Hi PHDurand,

Did you have any luck finding what the issue was? I have the exact same thing happening to me.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @PHDurand,

I can't reproduce your issue.(I test with my colleagues)

Since I not so clarify for your scenario, can you please share more detailed information?

For example:

Custom visual type, datasource type, connection mode, screenshots, gateway setting...

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

@v-shex-msft

It's hard to explain as I don't understand what happens. And unfortunately I can't share my pbix as it contains confidential data.

But to add to my issue:

- I notice by trying to launch the application directly myself that I have the same issue on my account: the custom visuals are not displayed unless I open in a first hand the report and only after open the application

- I tried to build a simple pbix to reproduce the issue but as you said, I'm unable to reproduce it simply

I put 2 screenshots belw: the first one is what me/my colleagues see when launching the application directly. There are 2 classic slicers & 2 custom visuals (chiclets & tornado). Then the second screenshot is what we finally see when we open the report directly in the workspace and then reopen the application.

The data in the chiclets are year based on a single calendar date. The second is showing sales by week (the weeks are defined in the same table than the years).

screen1.jpgscreen2.jpg

I really don't understand this issue. Is there any security in the app that required not to load custom visuals unless approved bvy the user ? Or any settings to add custom in the app ?

Thanks for your support.

Hi @PHDurand,

>>And unfortunately I can't share my pbix as it contains confidential data

If you can share your data and repro these scenario on other report, I'd like to suggest you submit a support ticket for further support.

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors