Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ilyav
Frequent Visitor

Custom theme not working in service

Hi All,

I have several different reports on PBI Service and I have created a new custom theme in PBI Desktop and published it to the service and refreshed successfully. The problem is that I am not seeing the theme colors / fonts being applied to existing reports that are based on the .pbix file. I can only see that the test report I had in the .pbix file that is working properly.

How can I apply the custom theme to the different reports I already have available in the workspace without going over them one by one and changing each visual?

Here is the .json of the custom theme ; https://pastebin.com/5tPHVLqd 

Thank you for your help,

Ilya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ilyav ,

As far as I know this is not possible, it is a feature that is not supported at the moment.
You can consider pre-setting this theme on Power BI Desktop and then use this theme for report publishing. There is no way to apply the same theme for the entire workspace at this time.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ilyav ,

As far as I know this is not possible, it is a feature that is not supported at the moment.
You can consider pre-setting this theme on Power BI Desktop and then use this theme for report publishing. There is no way to apply the same theme for the entire workspace at this time.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft ,

Thank you for your response, this is confirming what I thought.

What is the best practice then to build multiple reports from the same .pbix file for different departments while using the same theme? Because when I try to create a new report in the service it does not apply the custom theme to it.  So it's a bit weird as report building should be in service but theme customization is in desktop 🙂 

Thanks a lot for your time,

Ilya

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors