Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

karun_r
Employee
Employee

Custom access request message

Is it possible to let the users who are trying to access the Power BI dashboard know about how to get the required access ?

We have a O365 workspace in which we publish our reports. Right now, whenever a user requests for access, the request is going to the owner of the dashboard, which in our case, is the workspace group. So, somehow it is not reaching to anyone of us. So, we are trying to mitigate this by creating a DG to which the users can add themselves if they need access to a set of reports.  How do we communicate to the users when they request access ?

5 REPLIES 5
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @karun_r,

Currently, it is not supported to allow users to add themselves if they need access to a set of reports inside a workspace. As a workaround, each O365 group there is a setting that controls whether that group can receive emails from a sender outside its organization, please enable this option manually. See detailed steps: Not receiving email notification when someone requests access for a dashboard inside a workgroup

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

In our case, the sender if from the same org but still we don't get the emails from the requestor/group.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So all report requests will be sent to the end-users assigned to Admin role of that designated workspace. correct.  I read the description of each of the workspace roles, and they are pretty basic. 

Hi there

With V2 of the App Workspaces you can have multiple Admin's, so in theory it should be sent to all of them?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

What I would suggest is if possible to create a page that the users can access, with the details of how to gain access.

Alternatively I would put the details in the Description when you create or update the App.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors