Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

karthik
Advocate I
Advocate I

Custom Visuals not working

Hi All

None of our custom visuals seem to be working now in the service. They are just blank in the reports.

We had the same issue almost same time last week as well.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue today?

It's really frustrating.

Regards

Karthik

9 REPLIES 9
TylerC2
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I am having similar issues. My report utilizes the SanKey 0.0.8 visual and the Chicelet Slicer.

This is known issue, following message is posted on support.powerbi.com

Power BI is currently experiencing an issue that prevents the loading of custom visuals from the Visuals Gallery (https://visuals.powerbi.com) in reports and dashboards. We are actively working to resolve the problem.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thank you. Do we need if this is due to any scheduled/planned deployments of the service? The reason why I am asking re the timing is we had the same issue almost the same time last week as well.

This has been resolved as per support.powerbi.com. Hope you can now add reports to dashboard that uses custom visual. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

kehoz
Frequent Visitor

This is still not working for me. Did the fix work for anyone else?

Hi Kehoz,

Now we can use the custom visuals on the services without any issue. In your scenario, whcih type of custom visual are you using?

Please ensure that have download the custom visual form the link below.
https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi ,

The visual we are using is based on the Dial Gauge from the powerbi download site, with a simple dev tool edit to disable the percentage read out on the bottom. (This is on a dashboard that was created using the online powerbi tools). The custom visual works only on the computer/browser that imported it into the online report designer, but shows up as a blank tile on all other clients (web or mobile). If you re edit the report on a different computer and re import the visual it will start working on that computer (until you clear the browser cache).

It seems like the custom visuals imported into the web report designer are not propagating.

Thanks

I've gone to use my Web BI reports today and I have exactly this issue (Monday 23rd May) Desktop is working fine, online is just blank.

Neither is showing the prompt to enable the custom visuals at any point.  Is this something caused by working to remove this restriction maybe?

Thanks for the info!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors