Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jameslo30
Advocate III
Advocate III

Custom Visuals not working?

Has anyone's custom visuals stopped working / not displaying properly today?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Update:

I had to re-do all of my reports from scratch. Custom visuals now work.

I tried to update the Custom Visuals via PowerBI Desktop with a newer version, but this did not resolve the issue. I had to create a blank report and start again.

Ensure you download the latest version of your custom visual. 

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

@ceortega@jameslo30, Have a look at this thread - http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Custom-Visuals-Sandbox-is-coming-Here-s-what-you-need-to-k...

They have rolled out sandboxing of custom visuals, which has caused this problem.  Other than the forum post above, I haven't found any mention of this elsewhere, so it has been handled poorly.  There is not enough information to work out how the custom visuals now need to be designed.  I believe it is only impacting custom visuals developed & deployed outside of the offical gallery.  Any visuals from the gallery are not being sandboxed, so they are not impacted.  What they need to do is take one of the gallery visuals and show us step by step what needs to be done to fix it.  If they want to start with the linear gauge, that would be great!

Jameslo30, I couldn't agree more about the problems lately.  They are driving me insane.

The link you provided didn't work once I tried to click on it.  

I am still having this issue and can't seem to find any information from Microsoft on how to update these custom visuals.  Anyone else find anything new? 

Christopher E. Ortega, MBA
Manager, FP&A

@ceortega,  sorry the link didn't work.  Try this one:

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Custom-Visuals-Sandbox-is-coming-Here-s-what-you-need-to-k...

Apparently MS are able to reproduce the problem and are working on a fix.  No ETA yet.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors