Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DashboardEMECH
Helper II
Helper II

Custom Visuals not displaying in Email Subscriptions / Exports

Since yesterday all the custom visuals in my dashboard are not getting displayed in Email Subscriptions / when I try to export the dashboard.  The following error is displayed: "This visual does not support exporting."

To clarify,  I am using the custom visual and I am aware that the custom visual unless they are PI Certified cannot be used.  However the ones which I am using are all certified.  The details of visuals I am referring to are as below:

a.  Drill Down Combo Pro by Zoom Charts

b. Simple Waterfall

c.  Advanced Card

I also tried to update the visuals with latest version to chech whether that resolves the problem.

Everything was working fine till Weekend.  From Monday, I am facing this problem.  Any idea why?  Any one else facing the same problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @DashboardEMECH&@chittleburgh,

Regarding the problem that the custom visuals as a live page pin to the dashboard cannot be properly display, the relevant support team has given an update(see below screenshot). They suggest to pin these custom visuals to the dashboard separately as a workaround. They will solve this problem later, the expected date is on Nov 22, 2020. You can also find these information in support site.

custom visual subscription.JPG

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena Ruan
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
Nimai123
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hello @DashboardEMECH  @chittleburgh 

I had also faced this error a few weeks ago, and it got resolved automatically, I tried multiple solutions but not sure which helped!

1. Republishing the report by creating the visual again.
  2. Contact the custom visual owner.
  3. I waited for 4 days for it and it got fixed automatically.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

chittleburgh
Frequent Visitor

I am facing the same problem since yesterday and came looking for an answer but unfortunately I see no one has responded to your query yet. I have a dashboard subscription to send out daily KPIs which are all displayed using the custom visual "KPI Indicator" (https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380832?tab=Overview). This is a certified custom visual and up until Friday it sent out with no issues, but yesterday and today the email has sent out saying "This visual does not support exporting".

Can anyone help with this? Given OP and I have had issues with four separate certified custom visuals it seems this is a Power BI error, not an error with the visuals.

Thanks

@chittleburgh are you still facing this issue?

as per the above posts of @v-yiruan-msft this is working fine.  However my problem persist.  Your update shall also help.

The related custom visuals can be displayed normally when pin the single visual to dashboard separately. However, it can't display normally when pin a live page with these custom visuals. Whether you are facing the same situation with mine?

custom visual pin to dishboard.JPG

The ticket has been raised to related support team, we will update you if there is any update or progress. Sorry for bringing your inconvenience. Any comment or problem, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes.  My problem is the same.  I have multiple live pages with custom visual pinned to a Dashboard.  It shows the error as highlighted in your post. 

I had raised the ticket long back but yet to get any resolution.  Would appreciate if there is some quick resolution in place.

Regarding the problem that the custom visuals as a live page pin to the dashboard cannot be properly display, the relevant support team has given an update(see below screenshot). They suggest to pin these custom visuals to the dashboard separately as a workaround. They will solve this problem later, the expected date is on Nov 22, 2020. You can also find these information in support site.

custom visual subscription.JPG

Best Regards

Hi,

This issue has resurfaced again since last month and there has been no resolution from Microsoft even after 30 days have passed by raising the ticket.  

Unable to view the custom reports in the email subscriptions.  It comes as blank.  The non-custom visuals are displayed properly.  Issue is only with custom visuals.

Anyone else facing the same problem?  Please help.

Thanks for this update.  I presume that the ETA is 11/22/2020 and not 11/22/2022 😜

Hi @DashboardEMECH ,

Yes, you are right. I wrote wrong... Thanks for correcting me. I will continue to update you if there is any other new progress about this problem later.

Best Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors