Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DashboardEMECH
Helper II
Helper II

Custom Visuals not displaying in Email Subscriptions / Exports

Since yesterday all the custom visuals in my dashboard are not getting displayed in Email Subscriptions / when I try to export the dashboard.  The following error is displayed: "This visual does not support exporting."

To clarify,  I am using the custom visual and I am aware that the custom visual unless they are PI Certified cannot be used.  However the ones which I am using are all certified.  The details of visuals I am referring to are as below:

a.  Drill Down Combo Pro by Zoom Charts

b. Simple Waterfall

c.  Advanced Card

I also tried to update the visuals with latest version to chech whether that resolves the problem.

Everything was working fine till Weekend.  From Monday, I am facing this problem.  Any idea why?  Any one else facing the same problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @DashboardEMECH&@chittleburgh,

Regarding the problem that the custom visuals as a live page pin to the dashboard cannot be properly display, the relevant support team has given an update(see below screenshot). They suggest to pin these custom visuals to the dashboard separately as a workaround. They will solve this problem later, the expected date is on Nov 22, 2020. You can also find these information in support site.

custom visual subscription.JPG

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena Ruan
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
chittleburgh
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the update @v-yiruan-msft . That workaround doesn't work for me as the way the pages I have are setup, they would not display in the way that's needed if I pinned the visuals individually to the dashboard (I have card visuals overlapping the custom visuals). Hopefully the fix by 22nd November works!

Thanks again for the help.

chittleburgh
Frequent Visitor

@v-yiruan-msft yes, that is the issue for me - the dashboard is made up of live pages pinned to it and they're all getting the error when sent in a subscription email.

chittleburgh
Frequent Visitor

Definitely!

chittleburgh
Frequent Visitor

I'm in the U.K.

Well then it is an universal issue for the MS team!

chittleburgh
Frequent Visitor

@v-yiruan-msft  it is the dashboard subscription that has caused this issue. I have several pages from the report pinned to a dashboard, and the dashboard has a subscription setup to send it out every week day.

@chittleburgh BTW from which part of the world are you?  I am from India.  Just wanted to check whether this issue is region specific or global?

chittleburgh
Frequent Visitor

@DashboardEMECH yes, I expect I'll have the same reply from the creator that Microsoft need to fix this. For now, Microsoft have closed my ticket as they insist it's something only the visual creator can fix, but I will raise another support ticket if the creator is unable to help. I'll update again when I have more info or when (hopefully!) the problem is fixed.

chittleburgh
Frequent Visitor

@DashboardEMECH I am still having this issue, I have had to turn off the subscription for now and manually send out screenshots of the dashboard, which is not ideal.

I had a response on the support ticket I raised that I need to contact the creator of the custom visual for help even though it's a certified visual and should work. I'm not convinced it is the visual at fault though given that three different ones that you're using (again all certified) also have the exact same issue.

I will be contacting the creator of the visual today, before this I had tried updating the visual (I had version 2.0.4 and the latest was 2.0.7), republishing the report and also recreating the dashboard but the same issue is still there. Hopefully he will be able to help!

@chittleburgh I doubt the creator of the visual will be able to help you.  I had contacted one of the visual creators and they simply said that this is the issue at Microsoft side and we cannot do anything about this. 

I had raised a support ticket and had a detailed call with them. They acknowlege the problem and said that they will look into it.  Again no ETA was provided for resolution.

DashboardEMECH
Helper II
Helper II

@v-yiruan-msft Still facing the issue.  Not sure whether should I update the visual or create a new subscription to get it rectified?

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DashboardEMECH ,

Whether the problem still persist? As you checked the below screenshot, the related custom visuals can be rendered normally in both email subscription and pdf file...

custom visuals.JPG

custom visuals in pdf.JPG

Best Regards
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yiruan-msft Can you please confirm the following:

Whether you did the subscription / export of the Report or a Dashboard containing that visual?

If it is report, the subscription / export feature is working fine for me too.

The problem arises when the report is pin to a dashboard and the dashboard is send through email subscription / exported.  

Can you please check whether the dashboard subscription for that visual works too?

I last ran the visuals 3 hours back, at that time the problem was persisting... when did you ran the report?  

Hi @DashboardEMECH ,

I just tested it one hour ago, the region is in East US 2 (Virginia)...

region.JPG

Best Regards

@v-yiruan-msft Thanks for heads up.  let me check later during the day and see if the issue is resolved. Will update here.

chittleburgh
Frequent Visitor

I've now raised a ticket too. Hopefully this will be resolved for us both soon!

DashboardEMECH
Helper II
Helper II

@Nimai123 I did that too yesterday and had a call with the support group today. 

Hope to receive solution from same, but my earlier ticket is open since more than a month with no tentative ETA for resolution.  Hence I am not much helpful here unless this problem is a global phenomenon.  

DashboardEMECH
Helper II
Helper II

@Nimai123 You seems to be fortunate.

I have republished the report.  Created the new report and also contacted the custom visual owner.  Still no luck.

BTW, I am facing this issue with multiple custom visuals and not one specific.  Hence it seems to be problem wiht PowerBI Service per se.  And as mentioned by @chittleburgh he is also facing the same problem since the same time.  Hence I guess this issue is not restricted to me alone and many others would be facing it.

PS:  The export feature / subscription feature is working perfectly in reports.  I am having the problem with Dashbaords which have these reports as visuals. 

Hello @DashboardEMECH 

Ohh I see.

So the best option we can choose is to raise a support ticket as they can help you to solve the problem by looking in the backend.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors