Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jvogeler

Custom Visual from Marketplace approval process needed

Need a way to approve custom visuals from Marketplace that are available to Power BI authors.  We would like to review the Power BI custom visuals prior to enabling them for use in our organization but we cannot determine how to disable custom visuals.  According to Microsoft's own documentation there could be security risks with these.

According to Microsoft: A custom visual could contain code with security or privacy risks; Make sure you trust the author and the source of the custom visual before importing it to your report.

Can someone please provide instructions on how to disable these?  I could not find it in the documentation.

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jvogeler,

You can contact Power BI admin to disable the Custom Visual in Admin Portal:

q3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

Thank you for the information.  I have tried disabling custom visualizations that way, but they are still available to use.  I have also heard from my technical contacts at Microsoft that disabling these is not currently available as an option.

It seems like a miss from a functionality perspective.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors