Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DP86
Advocate II
Advocate II

Custom Tooltip showing unintended space

How it appears in published reportHow it appears in published reportHow it appears in tooltip page (correct)How it appears in tooltip page (correct)How it appears in published reportHow it appears in published reportHow it appears in tooltip page (correct)How it appears in tooltip page (correct)

I noticed today that all of the published reports are showing custom tooltips with an unintended space at the top. When in edit mode (in Service), the tooltips look as originally intended (no space at top) in the tooltip page. The original pbix files does not seem to show this symptom at all.

None of these reports are newly published and seem to be happening to all the reports in our organization regardless of the authors, workspaces or apps that they belong to.

Has anybody seen a condition like this, and if so, how did you remedy it?

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DP86 ,

Engineering team have fixed this Power BI Known issue.

Best Regards,
Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MSJR65
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi Community, I have noticed the behaviour described in this thread (unintended space at the top of custom tooltips) again. It is happening both in PBI Desktop and the Online Service, but only on report pages that have been opened from a drill though action. If the page is opened via e.g. a navigation button the custom tooltips on the page show up as intended, but when the page has been accessed via a drill-through action, the cusom tooltips show an additional blank space of maybe 20-30 px at the top. Anyone else seeing the same behaviour?   

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DP86 ,

Engineering team have fixed this Power BI Known issue.

Best Regards,
Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you, @Icey. I confirm that the issue has been addressed.
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DP86 ,

This issue had been submitted to power bi product team, and engineers are working on a fix. I will update it if there is a message.

Best Regards,

Icey

Thank you, @Icey . Please keep us posted.

FYI: As of this morning (10/21/2019), the same condition still exists.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DP86 ,

We're officially targeting Nov 4th for fix deployment, but it may be deployed sooner.

Best Regards,
Icey

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've also noticed this on existing reports. It seems to be displaying up to maybe -10 in Y Position all the time. I think this is a new issue this week.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DP86 ,

I have tested on my side, and the issue has also appeared. However, based on my research, Power BI does not currently support modifying it. You can post a new idea here.

Best Regards,
Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Icey , I'm not sure if submitting this as a new idea is appropriate as this is likely a newly introduced 'bug'. As @Anonymous mentioned, this started happnening this week. All of the custom tooltips looked fine when I left office for the weekend last week...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors