Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Tooltip does not display in Dashboard

I've created a custom Tooltip that allows me to hover over a client code and the tooltip shows me the clients business name.  This works fantasic in the Report - both in the Desktop app and the Published Report on the service.  That said, it does not show in the Dashboard tile that I created from the Report page - I see the standard Tooltip, ie just the field name.

Is there a way to have the custom Tooltip also be active in a dashboard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very strange.  I went back and did a test this morning and yes the standard pop up for the tooltip showed up.  What wasn't showing up was the custom tooltip that I created.  I went back and re-pined the items to the dashboard, they are now working with my custom tooltip.  It does come up VERY slow, but does work.  Very strange as this was pointed out to me by multiple people yesterday. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, the tooptip works well in my side in dashboard. Could you please pin the live page to check again?

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

@v-frfei-msft,

Just to make sure I have it right: that looks like the default tooltip directly from the visual. Does the same work with custom tooltips?

Anonymous
Not applicable

It does work the same way, but I think there is a bug when accessing from Apps - see this for more - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Custom-Tooltip-does-not-display-in-Dashboard-Apps-Part-Deux...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very strange.  I went back and did a test this morning and yes the standard pop up for the tooltip showed up.  What wasn't showing up was the custom tooltip that I created.  I went back and re-pined the items to the dashboard, they are now working with my custom tooltip.  It does come up VERY slow, but does work.  Very strange as this was pointed out to me by multiple people yesterday. 

RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous,

No, you can only view the tooltip on the Report page.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RMDNAIt actually works as expected - something strange must have occoured as once I re-pinned the visuals to the dashboard, I'm now able to get my custom tooltips

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors