Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

xanderdiederen
Frequent Visitor

Cross tab filter problem in online version

Hi All,

Since yesterday I suddenly have the following problem: If pro-users with reading access to my online PowerBI reports filter something on tab A that has a cross-tab filter on tab B, it doesn't work anymore. 

Weirdly enough, it works for me (admin rights) and for the normal users with reading access, it does work on their phones.

Anyone got an idea of what could be going wrong here?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @xanderdiederen ,

I'd like to suggest you to check desktop report settings, it allow you to disable end user operations:

9.png

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft  thanks for the reply,

I tried turning the highlighed options on and off but doesn't make a difference... Also strangly, it is working on e.g. the PowerBI App on a phone or tablet.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

HI @xanderdiederen ,

Have you publish modified pbix file to replace old version? These settings not auto sync to published power bi service reports.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin,

Note sure i'm following a 100% here, I did occasionally overwrite (republish and use the same name) the old file with the new file, however, both start from the same PBIX file, with the same settings so i'm assuming this should not be a problem correct?

Please let me know,

Thanks!

Xander

HI @xanderdiederen ,

I haven't found any similar issue or other related information about the issue. Perhaps you can try to submit a support ticket to check the internal reasons.

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors