Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sujit_Thakur
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Cross report drill through - sync slicers

Dear PBI Family ,
Lately i came across an issue where my customer wanted a summary report and after drill through he wanted to switch to the target report .
I used the beautiful feature of cross report drill.

But i can see that , date slicer is not synced .
To solve this I tried passing date column in the drill through column option in visualization pane .

No idea , now to get it done 

any suggestions are welcome .

Regards 
Thakur Sujit

4 REPLIES 4
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Sujit_Thakur 

Maybe you can create a sync slicer  between two report pages to replace your original slicer.

Sync and use slicers on other pages 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. You can't sync slicers between reports. The approach for this is "Keep Filters". There is a feature when drillthrough to send all current filter context to the next page/report.

You can check step 4 of this link to check where is that option in order to send the filter when you drillthrough

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-cross-report-drill-through#set-up-a...

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Dear @ibarrau 
it is still not working

Sujit, if "Keep filters" is not mainteining filters from one report to another with drillthrough then I'm sorry to say you can't make those filters travel from one report to another.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors