Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shawnobyl
Frequent Visitor

Cross-report Drill through option not showing for users

Hi all,

I am experiencing some problem with the Cross-report drill through functionality and was hoping someone can help.

I have 2 reports (e.g. Report A and Report B) both published to the same Workspace (e.g. Workspace C).

The dimension table (used for cross-filtering) exists in both Report A and Report B and are identical. The idea is that users can do a cross-report drill through from Report A into Report B.

I am the Admin of Workspace C. We also have another Admin of the Workspace C (e.g. User D). Additionally, we have 10 other users who have Read + Build access to Report B.

I have the option "Allow visuals in this report to use drillthrough targets from other reports" turned on in Report A and Report B.

Situation:

When I access Report A, I can right-click and see the option to do a Drill through to Report B.

When User D (the other Admin of Workspace C) accesses Report A, he does not see Report B in his drill through option.

All other users, when they access Report A in Workspace C, they too cannot see Report B in their drill through option.

It seems I am the only user who can see Report B in the drill through option. Not even the other Admin can which I find very baffling. 

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be happening?

5 REPLIES 5
PakthurYangu
Helper I
Helper I

I was facing the problem that for some users cross-report drillthrough context menu worked and others didn't.

Short answer
:

Solution 1) Grant viewer permission to the user at the Workspace level

Solution 2) Publish both reports in the Workspace App

Long answer:

Take a look at this article

v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Shawnobyl 

Here are some things you can check:

1. To use cross-report drill through, you must access reports in workspaces that you’re a member of.
  2. Make sure the Allow visuals in this report to use drill-through targets from other reports option is selected in the report setting.

vzhangti_0-1666663894751.png

1. You can try to press on “Ctrl”+” Delete” to clear the cache of the browser and refresh the page. Because Power BI caches cross-report drill-through targets. If you make changes, you can refresh your browser if you don't see the drill-through targets as expected.

Use cross-report drillthrough in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey, I've also an issue similar to that. Aloow cross report for bot Source & Target, at same workspace (my private), same fileds name biut not working.. what can it be?

Thanks @v-zhangti. I tried to include as much detail in my original post as possible to avoid repetition of the same information.

In response to you suggestions:

1. I am the Admin of the Workspace. I can see the Target report when I do a right-click then go to drill through. It is the other users who cannot see the Target report when they go to drill through (which includes one other Admin).
  2. The "Allow cross-report drillthrough" setting in the Options is activated on both reports.
  3. Clearing the cache does not help.

Thanks

@Shawnobyl  I am having the exact same issue.

It was working until a couple of days ago, but now only I (workspace admin) can see the drillthrough option?

UPDATE:
Unhiding the reports in the App appears to have fixed the drillthrough issue. 
Not sure why this has changed as it is desirable to have the specific drillthrough target reports hidden?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors