Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cross Reprot drillthrough

How return to source report from target report without opining in new tab please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went through docs.microsoft.com and it specifically says that you should use the browser back button, afraid this is the way to do it.Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you please elaborate on the request? what do you mean?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Yazi

I use this functionality called Cross report Drill through  , after setting up, it work as expected. means i am able to drill between two separate reports as if they its one. 

The problem am facing here is, anytime i drill from source report to target report it work seemlessly, Now i will like to return to the report i drill from. in this case i use a web url to  link back to the source report, my expectation here was, anytime i click on the link button that pointed to the source report i was expecting everyting to be operated in the Current Tab, instead  it always in a new tab.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, apologies, didnt notice you were talking about this feature.

I believe this does not come as standard, you either create a bookmark for the context of the original report or a button that takes you to the original report by using its URL.

hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe this does not come as standard, you either create a bookmark ( this function works when drilling between pages on the same report) for the context of the original report or a button that takes you to the original report by using its URL ( am already using this to take me back to original report) but the problem is, it will always open the original report in new window tab rather than thesame(current) window tab. is there a way i can go arround this without opening a new tab anytime i use the URL.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Went through docs.microsoft.com and it specifically says that you should use the browser back button, afraid this is the way to do it.Capture.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank  you very much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors