Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jramey
Regular Visitor

Cross Report Drill Through automatically adding unwanted filters to all pages of target report

I have two reports on my workspace and set up a cross report drill through from the source report, to a specific page on the Target report. Only one page on the target report has the drill through field when I publish the report from Desktop. When I go to my source report in service and perform the cross report drill through it works and takes me to the page I want, but it also adds that field to ALL of the pages in that report and filters them automatically. When I try to remove them by editing in service they just show up again when I save and go back to reading view. The only thing that works is clicking "reset to default". The problem is when I go back to my source report and do another drill through it happens all over again. 

This is the report in Desktop when I publish it.

No Drill through.jpg

This is the same page after I perform a cross report drill through to a different page in this report.

After Drill Through.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jramey ,

Based on my test, this is normal phenomenon. The target report works the same as the target page in one report.

For cross-report drillthrough, Power BI passes the filter context to standard pages in the target report. Power BI doesn't pass filter context for tooltip pages, because tooltip pages are filtered based on the source visual that invokes the tooltip.

Reference: Use cross-report drillthrough.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jramey ,

Based on my test, this is normal phenomenon. The target report works the same as the target page in one report.

For cross-report drillthrough, Power BI passes the filter context to standard pages in the target report. Power BI doesn't pass filter context for tooltip pages, because tooltip pages are filtered based on the source visual that invokes the tooltip.

Reference: Use cross-report drillthrough.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

jramey
Regular Visitor

That's interesting. I would like to see a feature in the futre that allows cross-report drill through to work like the standard drill through and only apply the filter to the target page on the report. Thanks for the help.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

When using this in the past I find when going back to the same page I do not recall viewing this.

Could you download and install the latest version of Power BI Desktop?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I checked and I am using the lastest version of Power BI desktop. It's the same version I used to publish this report. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors