Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tlaresch
Advocate II
Advocate II

Cross Filter on a subset of attributes

I have two visualizations on a page, V1 and V2.  V1 is a line graph with time on the X axis.  V2 has data filtered to "current month".

When I select an item in V2, V1 is cross filtered for the item (good) and also for the current month (bad).  But I want to see the line for filtered only for the item.  I do not want V2 to apply its time filter in the cross filter.

Is it possible to get cross filtering to use a manually configured subset of the filters from the visualization being selected?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlaresch
Advocate II
Advocate II

I have resolved this issue by creating a measure that has the time filter (current month) built into its DAX formula and using that for the V2 visualization and removing the "current month" filter. 

Now, when V2 cross filters the V1 visualization, there is no "current month" filter, so the trend lines show for the full timeline and are filtered by V2's remaining filters.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tlaresch
Advocate II
Advocate II

I have resolved this issue by creating a measure that has the time filter (current month) built into its DAX formula and using that for the V2 visualization and removing the "current month" filter. 

Now, when V2 cross filters the V1 visualization, there is no "current month" filter, so the trend lines show for the full timeline and are filtered by V2's remaining filters.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi tlaresch,

Click the visual, then click Format-> Edit interactions. Then click the visual you don't want to be filtered with, click the disable icon.Capture.PNG2.PNG

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors