Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gdecome
Helper III
Helper III

Credentials to access REST API (Refresh in PBI Services)

I created a dashboard to get data from a 3rd party data source through REST APIs and it is working fine in PBI Desktop. When trying to refresh through PBI Services it asks me to provide credentials. It works fine for another sources like sharepoint (I use my organizational account). For the API site, I tried all options that I have for User/Password (for site) but it didn´t work. I can access and refresh in PBI desktop but no refresh in PBI services. The data owner told me there is no other credential to use. I´m provide what is needed in M-Code and it is working Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("http://abc.xyz.com/rest-ws/getContracts", [RelativePath="?maxRecords=100&offset="&Number.ToText(Offset), Headers=[Authorization="Basic xxxxxxxxxxx"]]))
3 REPLIES 3
Nolock
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @gdecome,

what is the error message in PBI Service when you refresh your dataset?

The message is:

"Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again"

When I try to edit my credentials I have 3 options:

Anonymous (doesn´t work) / Windows (doesn´t work) / Basic (there is no User/Password that I can use here. I checked with the data owner)

Hi folks, any idea or suggetion to fix that problem?
Just created another dashboard using APIs for another system and the error is still the same as before.
In Desktop it works fine connecting as Anonymous the does not work in PBI services when refreshing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors