Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TomaKavi
Helper I
Helper I

Credentials issues - scheduled refresh problem

Hello everyone, 

an issue that was very often discussed but none of the solution helped me out.

problem

• source, SQL server views
  • credentials to get data worked out perfectly
  • published to service 
  • first of all there was an error ,,schedule refresh not supported for at least one of sorces,, after refresh his has changed
  • now I have this, I am not able to even edit credenials, thus not able to set scheduled refresh. 
  •  TomaKavi_0-1659694766972.png
  • in the lineage view I have this 
  • TomaKavi_1-1659695066329.png

anyone has an idea what should I do ? tried to edit credentials in powerbi desktop in ,,source,,, also cleared cashe, also tried several times to refresh. Nothing has worked out. Maybe just to mention. We have developed the report for another company, but in the past we have been able to use credentials form them to another sources and the scheduled refresh has worked out without any problem.

3 REPLIES 3
OliT
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @TomaKavi 

What's the error message if you click Show details? Did you configure gateway connection? Did you add a data source on the Service?

OliT_0-1660035120332.png

Regards,

OliT

Hello, 

no, Gateway was not installed. I dont think its needed. Like by other examples when I have used lets say sharepoint list (source was web in that case in pbi) it has worked perfectly fine without gateway.  Credentials have been set up properly, after that I have just used OAUTH2, company log in and all was working fine. The error message says that my credentials are not working. As said, source is a View from SQL Server, might it be that I have not sufficient rights for the View in SQL? Cause we are developing pbi report for another company and they have created the access for us. 

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi TomaKavi! I would guess there is another source that was added to the report that is causing the error. The last time I have seen the data source credentials greyed out was on this guyinacube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYSMZxaXNLk

I would suggest opening the original .pbix file and check the sources in there because it sounds like one of those is messing all.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors