Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Credentials for AzureDataLakeStorage source are invalid (schedule refresh for ADLS GEN2 dataset)

Hi,

We're currently trying to use an Azure Data Lake Storage (gen2) as data source for a Power BI report, specifically for its finegrained ACL capabilities.

The issue is as follows: When designing the report in Power BI Desktop, it's easy to work with the connector. Data is retrieved and refreshed without issue. However, when publishing it to a Power BI Service workspace, it is no longer able to refresh due to invalid credentials. When trying to update the credentials, the same issue occurs:

adlsg2_issue_snippet.PNG

Things we've already checked:

1. Check if ACL's are arranged correctly (also works fine locally)

2. Use a service account without 2FA enabled for scheduling

3. Check if PowerBI and storage account are in same tenant (yes)

Is this just not supported, or is this a bug?

Thanks for the help!

Kind regards,

Maarten

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lmb2This seems to be a different error, specifically saying the credentials you are using are incorrect. For me I was unable to update the credentials, even though they were correct.

It is worth noting that we tested this again last May, using the exact same setup as initially, and it worked without issue. Perhaps there was a delayed release to our tenant, but it is now functioning as described.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lmb2

I have the same issue. The error message is only "Invalid Credentials (SessionID: XXX)". Any idea on what is causing it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lmb2This seems to be a different error, specifically saying the credentials you are using are incorrect. For me I was unable to update the credentials, even though they were correct.

It is worth noting that we tested this again last May, using the exact same setup as initially, and it worked without issue. Perhaps there was a delayed release to our tenant, but it is now functioning as described.

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Accidentally create a disconnection between your Azure Subscription and your Office 365 environments,this may result in each group of services residing in different directory services or tenants.
Unfortunately, the only long term thing you can do is setup a new Azure Subscription and make dam sure that it’s linked to your Office 365 office and thus residing in the same tenant. Then migrate your Data Lake Store to the new subscription.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply @V-lianl-msft, but as mentioned in the topic start, we've already verified the tenant id's for both the storage accounts' Azure subscription and the o365 subscription are the same. This should mean that they're connected right? Is there any way to verify this other than comparing the tenant id's of both subscriptions?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else perhaps with the same issue or an idea on how to fix this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors