Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MarcoACto
Frequent Visitor

Credentials error for Google Sheets beta connector

Hi there.

I've seen other posts with the same issue, but apparently they got solved after a few days, maybe it's because it's still a beta but I think it's worth posting anyways.

So basically I have a report connecting with a Google Sheet using the beta connector, which works fine in the desktop and when published, except after a few hours, when I get an error that the credentials provided for the connector are invalid, and I have to re-enter them to be able to refresh from the service again. The major problem is that I need this report to refresh everyday very early, but I wake every morning with a refresh fail message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MarcoACto ,

I have reported the issue (ICM: 285035360) and will post an update to the post.

Best Regards,
Winniz

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
excelr8ed
Regular Visitor

It appears this issue is happening again as of 7am EST.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also still having this issue.

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MarcoACto @rafaelissamu @Anonymous @Anonymous @Darkgi_ ,

Microsoft has fixed this issue and it will be propagated to all environments soon, so please be patient.

Best Regards,
Winniz

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I wanted to follow up on this to see what the current status is. I tried reinstating the refreshes in my environment and they are still failing with the credentials issue.

Hi @Anonymous @excelr8ed ,

IT has fixed in all environments. Do your connectors work properly now? If still not, what environment is the you using, and what is the error message?

Best Regards,
Winniz

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it has been fixed.

Yes it's working again. Seems like it was working on and off. Maybe still but it's working at the moment 

Hi all,

I am asking the product team about the deployment of the environment, so please be patient. If there is any news, I will update it here. 

Thanks for your understating!

Best Regards,
Winniz

GvZ
Frequent Visitor

I had to update my credentials for Google Sheets and since then my scheduled refresh works perfectly. Have you tried that?

rafaelissamu

Same issue. Currently I have two datasets that I use Googlesheet connector. One works well, I edited credentials and works well for more than 20 days. Another I tried the same way, but the credential expire after one hour.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also detected the same issue, but I have some reports where it works and others that do not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue and have also reported it.

Darkgi_

I'm having the same problems. Credentials stay in order for 1 hour, then report invalid credentials and fail next update.

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MarcoACto ,

I have reported the issue (ICM: 285035360) and will post an update to the post.

Best Regards,
Winniz

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has this been fully resolved?

GvZ
Frequent Visitor

For me as well 👍

Yes, for me it has

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors