Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

THEG72
Helper V
Helper V

Credential Error for Excel File hosted on One Drive

Hi Power BI Support Team,

I am getting a credential errors on an Excel files stored on One Drive when i try to add the data source to the gateway.

Here is my detailed environment:
Windows 10 Pro,Version 10.0.1734 Build
Office 365 Business Premium
Power BI Professional

When i log into the laptop i simply enter my email address such as garry@xyz.com. I have a personal domain name associated with subscription.

My local PC where the gateway is installed shows the following in regards to the system information

Local PCLocal PC

The Excel file is located in the root directory of the onedrive.

When i open the Excel file in the desktop App from the one drive online and copy the url from within Excel it returns the result below:

https://xyz-my.sharepoint.com/personal/myfirstname_xyz_com/Documents/MyTestSpreadsheet.xlsx?web=1

I understand i need to remove the "?web=1" from the url stated above when entering the path for the Web data source.

I tested the url by pasting it to a browser and it opens the file in Excel on line with the ?web=1 or without in Excel desktop app.

Note i am not using the File Data source but Web as the data source.

Data Source Add screenData Source Add screen
What is the correct syntax for entering  the Windows User Name for gateway laptop NOT in a business network domain and without an on premise active directory?

I have tried several options and referred to previous comments in this area but I cannot get this to work and get credential error messages as shown below:

Unable to connect:
We encountered an error while trying to connect to .
Details: "We could not register this data source for any gateway instances within this cluster.
Please find more details below about specific errors for each gateway instance."Hide details
Activity ID:
5a804452-9dc7-4031-902f-132fbdf1baae
Request ID:
6487d495-7748-8d53-17bd-a6c1799ba603
Cluster URI:
https://wabi-australia-southeast-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Status code:
Error Code:
DMTS_PublishDatasourceToClusterErrorCode
Time:
Fri Jul 19 2019 13:16:51 GMT+0800 (W. Australia Standard Time)
Version:
MyGATEWAY:
Invalid connection credentials.
Underlying error code:
Underlying error message:
The credentials provided for the Web source are invalid. (Source at https://xyz-my.sharepoint.com/personal/myfirstname_xyz_com/Documents/MyTestSpreadsheet.xlsx.)
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceKind:
Web
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourcePath:
https://xyz-my.sharepoint.com/personal/myfirstname_xyz_com/Documents/MyTestSpreadsheet.xlsx
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.Reason:
AccessForbidden
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources:
[{"kind":"Web","path":"https://xyz-my.sharepoint.com/personal/myfirstname_xyz_com/Documents/MyTestSpreadsheet.xlsx"}]
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason:
AccessForbidden

Tried various versions of the username but no luck, appreciate any other options to try and get this working!

A one drive connector would be real useful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
THEG72
Helper V
Helper V

I ended up solving this by making sure the Data source credentials were set in the Power BI file before uploading.

Selecting Data Source Setting as organistational will then give you the OAUTH 2 option in the data source Add screen in the service.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
THEG72
Helper V
Helper V

I ended up solving this by making sure the Data source credentials were set in the Power BI file before uploading.

Selecting Data Source Setting as organistational will then give you the OAUTH 2 option in the data source Add screen in the service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

we started receiving this error. Everything was working fine for about 1 year, no changes in system nothiing. I even changed credentials in report and published it again, autorefresh just doesnt work, connection to Gateway and datasources is showing as its ok... very weird:

Underlying error code-2147467259 Table: B2B.
Underlying error messageThe key didn't match any rows in the table.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Key[Schema = "dbo", Item = "B2Breport"]
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.ReasonExpression.Error
Cluster URIWABI-WEST-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID8a71bee7-d489-4d96-ae04-94f44dd09cf4
Request IDc38dc306-3dc0-868b-77e5-bd61955b8def
Time2019-07-19 10:35:07Z

@Anonymous 

Sounds like its the table data with the problem B2B table..."Underlying error messageThe key didn't match any rows in the table."..I dont see its a credential error from the error message you submitted.

Have your checked the columns of your B2B table data in the query editor for errors? I would step through each step of the transformations in your queries to see if its causing an issue. A sample image of the table data would be useful.

Perhaps submit more information about the data source so we can trouble shoot it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors