Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NewbieJono
Post Patron
Post Patron

Creating a link to a power BI report

I have an email template with a Link to a report, all seemed to be wokring but now the users get the following message. Any ideas?  the link works for me fine!

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NewbieJono ,

According to the design of Power BI service, any user who would like to access the content published in it needs a license and they need do authentication before they can view these content. If you click on the link of a report or any other content that generated from Power BI service, then you will see the following authentication page. In this page, you need input the email of a Power BI service account and complete the authentication as the guidance. After that, content like report will be rendered successfully.

vcazhengmsft_0-1648178065140.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NewbieJono ,

According to the design of Power BI service, any user who would like to access the content published in it needs a license and they need do authentication before they can view these content. If you click on the link of a report or any other content that generated from Power BI service, then you will see the following authentication page. In this page, you need input the email of a Power BI service account and complete the authentication as the guidance. After that, content like report will be rendered successfully.

vcazhengmsft_0-1648178065140.png

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

For some reason i never see this when i click the link, also my users never used to but its started happening in the past week

Hi @NewbieJono ,

May I know how you get this link? Did you get it by copying from the browser address bar or getting it by Publish to Web?  Before you click on the link, were you already logged into the Power BI service in your browser?

Best Regards,

i think i copied the browser link

Hi @NewbieJono ,

Thanks for your reply! Got it. If so, authentication is needed to access the report just as the description earlier.  

Best Regards,

what is the best way i can issue a link and manage all the people who have access through the same link?

Hi @NewbieJono ,

Actually, we does provide feature to share report/dashboard and manage permissions to it through a link of the report/dashboard. For more details, you may refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-share-dashboards. Hope it will help you.

Best Regards,

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. That's something that has changed in Microsoft web site. It happens to me too. Each time I want to login in the powerbi url, I need to write my email in the same picture you have and submit. Then it logs in.

It's like the cookies won't go automatically to the site and you need to set that first.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors