Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sayali_deshmukh
Helper III
Helper III

Creating Template app

Getting following error message  - Template apps must have one dataset. Please make sure one dataset is present and try again.

I have published two reports to the app workspace.

3 REPLIES 3
v-joesh-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @sayali_deshmukh ,

As mentioned in the documentation, there are Known limitations of the template app, check if you have encountered some limitations:

Contents: Datasets: Exactly one dataset should be present. Only datasets built-in Power BI Desktop (.pbix files) are allowed.
Not supported: Datasets from other template apps, cross-workspace datasets, paginated reports (.rdl files), Excel workbooks

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Joey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

cpearson
Resolver I
Resolver I

Do you see any dataset listed in the Datasets tab of your workspace after you published it?

If so what is your dataset here, is it pulled in via a web API?

@cpearson 

The datasets listed are those of the PowerBI reports published to the Workspace.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors