Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

STIBBS_807
Resolver I
Resolver I

Creating Power BI App for my Organization

New to Power BI.  I have dashboard and report created.  What my user to view the dashboards with the free version of Power BI.  I am looking for the steps to create an app so that they can view the data.  Don't know if this will solve my problem or not. 

Currently:

I do have the reports on a SharePoint site for the organization but user need the pro licensing to view the data.   How can I create a site or appservices to share the dashboard only for users with free version of Power BI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @STIBBS_807 

In order to view with the Free version of Power BI, the app workspace would need to be using Power BI Premium.

The currently licensing to view shared reports is a user must either have a Power BI Pro license or the App Workspace must be on Power BI Premium

Here are more details: Power BI licensing for users in your organization - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
STIBBS_807
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thank you.

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @STIBBS_807 ,

You will need Premium license.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-features 

When an organization has a Premium capacity subscription, admins and Pro users can assign workspaces to a capacity. A workspace in a capacity is a space where Pro users can share and collaborate with free users -- without requiring the free users to have Pro licenses. Within those workspaces, free users have elevated permissions.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @STIBBS_807 

In order to view with the Free version of Power BI, the app workspace would need to be using Power BI Premium.

The currently licensing to view shared reports is a user must either have a Power BI Pro license or the App Workspace must be on Power BI Premium

Here are more details: Power BI licensing for users in your organization - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors